1. Registration for all camps will open on Monday March 20, 2023. All dates are outlined in a chart below in the Registration Deadlines and Payment Options section.
2. A $50.00 non refundable** deposit will be required for each week of camp registered for at the time of checkout. This $50.00 will be deducted from the overall total of your camp fees. Remaining balances due date is also listed below in the Registration Deadlines and Payment Options section.
3. Each year we are required to update all of our Member information through our RecDesk forms. For those of you who have been with us already this year (After School, PA Day etc) you will be required to complete the *new* Member Information and Consent Form 2023-2024. We understand this is a lot of information, and can take some time to complete, but it is important that we always have the most current information for your child. If this is your first time attending a BGC program, you will also be required to complete these forms in the registration process outlined below.
BGC South East is a recreation based program, with staff ratios of 1 staff to every 15 children and is not typically equipped to support complex needs or behaviours in all programs/locations. Possible arrangements for support(s)/ modifications may be available upon request. These supports are dependent/limited to: the program and staff's training, funding allotments, and the complexity of your child's needs. Additional or Enhanced supports (1:1 or support workers) above the 1:15 ratio is not guaranteed.
We urge Parents/Guardians/Caregivers to reach out via phone call OR email to the program site to further discuss the child's needs, options available for their child(ren) and to determine if our programs will be a good fit for the child, prior to registration
1. If a financial reimbursement is requested 10 business days (2 weeks) prior to the program/camp commencing then a refund will be issued in the form of a cheque, minus a non refundable deposit of $50 per week per child.
2. If a credit for a future BGC South East program is requested the full amount paid will be applied. This credit must be used within one year of request. NO CASH VALUE
3. No refund or credit will be given if the request is less than 10 business days (2 weeks) notice.
If you wish to apply for BGC Child Care Fee Assistance Programs through the City of Kingston Child Care Subsidy Program or PELASS please reach out to your site specific contact (contact information listed below) and request the paperwork and application, prior to registering and paying for camp weeks. If subsidy is not approved, you will have the option to immediately pay the $50 non-refundable deposit per week and the remainder by due dates or completely withdraw.
Reside in either;
- Kingston & Frontenac boundaries, OR
- Prince Edward County or the County of Lennox and Addington
Each parent/guardian is either employed, or enrolled in an educational or training program
Each parent/guardian has filed their income taxes for the most recent tax year
If you or your child has a documented special need, and have been referred by a professional, you may also be eligible
If you are a new immigrant to Canada this year, you may apply without your most recent tax return** (PELASS Specific)
***If you reside in Prince Edward County or the County of Lennox and Addington, and you are applying for subsidy, Parents/Guardians/Caregivers must ALSO complete an application through the PELASS office in addition to the paperwork that BGC will submit on your behalf. Parents/Guardians/Caregivers can access the application forms through PELASS by either calling the office (613-354-0957) or online by clicking here***
If you are new to RecDesk (you do not have an existing account) please follow Steps below to create a RecDesk Account. OR;
If you already have a RecDesk Account, please skip below to “Registering your Child(ren) for Summer Camp Weeks”
Step 1: Create a Parent/Family Profile
Step 2: Create your child(rens) Profile(s):
Once you have completed the steps above, you can register for your desired weeks/camps/locations. To do this;
**Note: Once you have completed the forms for the 2023-2024 school year, you will not be required to complete the forms again until the next year. These forms will be shared across all of our locations, so if you attend a program at another one of our locations you will not need to complete these forms a second time. However, as always we urge Parents/ Guardians/Caregivers to ensure that contact and medical information is always up-to-date and contact us with any changes throughout the course of the year
BGC will be offering a transportation pick up to camp each morning (there will be no return transportation, Parents/Guardians will be responsible for picking their child(ren) up from the Lifestyles Centre at the end of the camp day).
Transportation Pick Up locations and times are outlined below.
Parents/Guardians who would like to sign their child(ren) up for the transportation program can complete the transportation form as part of the online registration process.
All campers are required to be at the transportation pick up location on time each morning, as the bus driver can only wait a few moments before departing to the next pick up location. The bus will not be able to return to a pick up location for a camper who misses the bus.
If you have registered for the transportation program, and no longer require the service OR there are certain days where you will not need the service, you can communicate with the Camp Coordinator prior to the start of your week of camp.
Please mark your calendars for the dates that remaining fees are due for your registered weeks of summer camp. You will also receive reminder emails from RecDesk and the Boys and Girls Club. (Details listed below in the Registration Deadlines and Payment Options section)